The Office of Assessment (OA) presented its Assessment Workshop at the Physician Assistant’s Didactic Orientation on August 30th, 2016 where Dr. S. William Zito, Dean of Assessment, discussed the importance of Assessment at the College. The OA administered a Pre-Assessment Workshop survey to the incoming didactic students one week prior to the Assessment Workshop (receiving a 64% response rate) and its results were then shared with students. Following the Assessment Workshop, a Post-Assessment Workshop Survey was sent out. After being open 5 days, the survey closed with a 35% response rate. In summary, results of both surveys show that after the Assessment Workshop:
- Students’ awareness of the assessment process in the College more than doubled from 41% to 92%
- A higher percentage of students are willing to participate in assessment
- 88% of students now know what the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences (CPHS) assessment plan is (compared to 28% in the Pre-Workshop Survey)
- Almost 100% of respondents now know that the CPHS has an Assessment Office and a separate Assessment Committee
- 92% of respondents agree that students are involved in improving the culture of assessment, compared to 54% in the Pre-Workshop survey
The Office of Assessment will continue promoting the Culture of Assessment by continuing to participate in future student orientations and in any other opportunities to share the importance of Assessment.