The College is always examining and monitoring the accreditation status of its programs. Here’s a list of each program’s current status:
- The College’s Clinical Laboratory Sciences Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS). The program was last accredited in April, 2012, for a period of 5 years. The CLS program is currently in self-study for re-accreditation and must next submit a self-study report in April 2016 with a site visit in the fall of the same year.
- The PharmD program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and is currently in self-study for re-accreditation. With a site visit scheduled for April 2016, the program will need to have its self-study report completed by the end of this year. As of November, the report is in the final-draft stage and is being reviewed by Faculty Council. Once this review is complete and Faculty Council has approved, the document will be sent to the upper administration for University approval.
- The Radiologic Sciences program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Initial accreditation was received on 01/01/1968. The last site visit occurred in October, 2012. The continuing accreditation status of the program was last considered at the September 24th, 2013 meeting of the JRCERT. The program was evaluated and awarded accreditation for a period of eight years – the maximum duration that may be awarded by the JRCERT in this category. An interim report is required next, with a projected date for submission of the Fourth Quarter of 2016. Based on the interim report, the JRCERT will determine if the accreditation award of 8 years will be maintained or reduced and the continuing accreditation process expedited. If the accreditation award is maintained, the next site visit is tentatively scheduled for the Fourth Quarter of 2020.
- ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistants) accredits Physician Assistant programs. The SJU PA program was first accredited in 1995, with the most recent accreditation visit occurring in 2013. At that time, the program received the maximum accreditation years (7 yrs). The next review will be in 2020.
- The College’s Masters in Public Health (MPH) program will be initiating the CEPH accreditation process in 2016.